• I have over 30 years experience as a professional musician and recording artist and 20 years experience as a recording engineer and producer.
• Guitarist for international recording artist "Foghat". I have contributed as a songwriter on 2 albums "Return of the Boogie Men" and "Road Cases" and engineered, co-produced, played guitar and wrote songs for Foghat's newest release "Family Joules". In 2004 I was the video editor and audio mix engineer for our DVD release "FOGHAT - The Official Bootleg DVD Vol. 1" released in 2005 on Rockview Records . We play over 50 concerts a year worldwide.
1993 - 1999
• Guitarist for international recording artist "Molly Hatchet". In 1996 we recorded a CD in Germany titled "Devil's Canyon" for "CBH/SPV Records" in Europe, "Mayhem Records" in the US and "Avex Records in Japan". In January of '98 we returned to Germany to record the CD "Silent Reign of Heroes" released July '98 on CMC International in the US and CBH/SPV in Europe. In 1999/2000 I returned to Germany to record "Kingdom of XII" with "Molly Hatchet", also released on the SPV/CMC labels.
1989 - 1993
• Touring guitarist for the "Lonesome Dave's Foghat". As a member of this band I performed over 150 shows a year worldwide.
1983 - 1989
• Session guitarist for King Snake Studio and a member of two bands, "The Midnight Creeper's" (King Snake's house band) and "Blue House" (a Central Florida blues band). During this period my playing was featured on more than 25 yellows albums worldwide for artist's such as "Rufus Thomas", "Kenny Neal", "Lucky Peterson", "Alex Taylor"(featuring James Taylor) and the "JB's"(James Brown's famous horn section).
1980 - 1983
• Band leader and session guitarist in and around the Pittsburgh PA area. The Pittsburgh bands I played with were "Airborne, "T-Dice" and former CBS artists "The Silencer's". Reknowned producer Felix Pappilardi (Mountain, Cream) was producing "Airborne's" first release in Criteria Studio(Miami) at the time of his tragic death.
1974 - 1979
• I was a founding member of the CBS/Epic recording act "Wild Cherry". In 1976 we recorded the #1 hit song "Play That Funky Music" and charted 4 more singles over the next few years. As a member of this band I had the pleasure of touring with some of the biggest R&B acts in the world.
1983 to 2004
• Most recently I am working as a freelance producer/engineer where I am recording and mixing for numerous artists working from my Protools based Home Studio. I am also versed in the NLE video editing software VEGAS VIDEO.
• As first engineer and studio manager at King Snake Studio I have recorded and mixed over 100 Albums/CD's for international release. My responsibilities included supervising and organizing recording sessions, the hiring of studio musicians and overseeing all aspects of the master recording, which was then presented to the record company/buyer for release and distribution.
• I have extensive experience in 24 track analog recording, computer based sequencing and digital format recording. I've recorded on a variety of consoles (Sound Workshop, Trident, MCI, NEVE and SSL) both analog and automated and I'm well versed in the use of all major sound processors.
• My musical abilities add a dimension to my engineering which, I feel, sets me apart from many others in my field. That is the ability to communicate with the artist I'm recording on a musical level and to smoothly integrate the musical and technical aspects of the project at hand.
• 2 Grammy Nominations
• American Music Award
• 2 Platinum Records
• 3 Gold Records
• I have engineered 6 records that have reached #1 on the "Living Blues" radio charts, 3 W.C. Handy Award nominees and 1 W.C. Handy Award winner.
• The Grammy Awards
• Midnight Special
• Don Kirshner's Rock Concert
• The Merv Griffin Show
• The Dinah Shore Show
Performed in Concert With
• Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Average White Band, The Commodores, Earth, Wind and Fire, The Isley Brothers, George Benson, Chuck Mangione, Herbie Mann, Santana, Journey, Brother's Johnson, Chaka Kahn and Rufus, Natalie Cole, Lou Rawls, Graham Central Station, The Ohio Players, Tower of Power, The New York Dolls, ABBA, George Clinton and the Funkadelics, Bootsy Collins, The O'Jay's, Peter Tosh, KC and the Sunshine Band, John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Thackery, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, James Cotton, Bo Diddley, Rufus Thomas, JJ Cale, Koko Taylor, Delbert McClinton, Taj Mahal, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 Special, Blackfoot, The Outlaws, The Band, Blue Oyster Cult, Nazareth, Humble Pie, Steve Morse Band, Ten Years After, Ritchie Blackmore, Electric Light Orchestra, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash, Steppenwolf, Saxon, Mick Taylor, Marshall Tucker Band, Survivor, Loverboy, Triumph, Vixen, Firehouse, Paul Rodgers, Night Ranger, April Wine, Foreigner, Pat Travers, Atlanta Rhythym Section, America, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, Rick Derringer, The Georgia Satellites, Hank Williams Jr., Leon Russell, Mountain, Cheap Trick, Pat Benatar, Savoy Brown, Peter Framton, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Little River Band, Benjamin Orr, Starship, Three Dog Night, Greg Allman, Head East, UFO, Iron Butterfly, The Toler Brothers, Jimmy Hall, Black Oak Arkansas, David Allen Coe, Donnie Iris, Great White, Gary Hooey, Kenny Wayne Shepperd, Derek St. Holmes, Root Boy Slim, Kenny Neal, Lucky Peterson, Warrant, Slaughter, Grand Funk Railroad, Huey Lewis and the News, The Charlie Daniels Band, Styx, (and more as memory allows...!)